I’m not sure how to convert my old PHD license into the new tag-based licensing system.
Getting a new license for PHD R400 can be a bit confusing! Here is some advice when it comes to figuring out how many tags you should request in your license. First, keep in mind, if you have one more tag than you are licensed to have, PHD will not cold start! The number of tags a tag license should have is the current number of tags in your system plus 25%. Please note, the licensing is based on total active stored tags within an area. This is different than (and less than) the number of tags PHD loads into memory. This is the true number of tags that will be used by PHD. Use this number to calculate instead, or you will not get the 25% buffer promised. To calculate the number of tags your license should have:
- Build any lingering tags that have not been built yet and send changes to PHD
- Open a command prompt on your shadow server
- Type: phdman show section
- Look in the box labeled “TDEF” at the value for “Tags defined: ”
- Take that number and multiply by 1.25 to add 25%
- Round to the next 1000. This is the number of tags you should have a license for.
If you have any questions regarding this process, please contact us.